Chronic Sex is a personal blog written and edited by me, in which I share my 100% honest thoughts and opinions.
Per FTC guidelines, I am affiliated with sex toy companies/manufacturers. This means that if you buy toys through one of my affiliate links or banners, I will receive a percentage of that sale as commission, at no additional cost to you.
All toys reviewed on the website have either been purchased by me or provided by a company/manufacturer for an unbiased review of their product. My reviews will always remain 100% my honest opinion, regardless of the circumstance under which I do these reviews. I reserve the right to post positive or negative reviews based on my personal opinion and experience.
- I am not currently reviewing the following items: any toy that is not made with body-safe materials, any fragrance products (including, but not limited to, lotions, massage oils, candles, etc.), non-plus-sized clothing/wear, or any items with derogatory relations (racist, sexist, ableist, transphobic, homophobic, fat-shaming, condone non-consent, etc). If you’re not sure if your product qualifies, please feel free to contact me.
- I must approve all toys before they are sent to me. I reserve the right not to review any toys sent to me without my approval.
- If you have a deadline for the review, it must be specified before I agree to review the product.
- Speaking of deadlines: I try to keep to them. That said, being a graduate student dealing with multiple disabilities and chronic pain conditions, that doesn’t always happen. I may need to test toys and other items under a multitude of conditions to speak to accessibility, dexterity, etc, whether for my own enjoyment or to share thoughts with others. It may take longer at times, but this rigorous testing will allow me to write the best reviews possible. I will always endeavor to keep you informed of timeline changes.
- For no reason will I return, pay for, or provide a refund for a product. If I do not receive the product (i.e. it’s lost in shipping), I am not responsible for any costs.
- All reviews will be based on my 100% honest opinion. Sending me products for review does not guarantee a positive review. This includes any sponsored (paid) reviews. Please see sponsored materials below for more information.
- Running this site take a lot of time and effort. I love it with all my heart, but it doesn’t really pay the bills. Affiliate commissions can. I am primarily interested in working with companies that have an affiliate program in place or whose products can be found through one of my current affiliates. Exceptions may be made. If I accept a toy to review and I am not an affiliate, the link to your store will remain up for one calendar year, after which time I am free to link that post to a current affiliate.
- I will, at times, review toys that I am unable to make an affiliate commission from for a fee. Please contact me for pricing information. I reserve the right to decline these offers if I chose, and all reviews will still be written by me and will be my honest opinion.
- Even if I’ve reviewed for you before, please contact me prior to sending me anything to confirm I’m able to do a review at that time. If a toy magically shows up at my door without warning it will be considered a lovely gift, and I may choose to not review it.
By sending me products, you are agreeing to these terms.
I occasionally accept sponsored content, such as sponsored blog posts, toy reviews, or banner ads. Please contact me to discuss my current rates.
All sponsored content will be disclosed as paid for (as is required by FTC Guidelines). I only include sponsored content when I write posts myself. All opinions will still be mine.
For sidebar advertising, all banner ads must be 250x250px, must not be sexually explicit, and must fit the feel/design of Chronic Sex. If you do not have a banner meeting these specifications, I can create one for you for a small additional fee.
All payments must be made upfront via PayPal or check. I will not post content without receiving payment first. I reserve the right to decline or remove sponsored posts or ads based on our morality clause (below). Contacting CS for sponsored posts and/or banner ads does not guarantee I will accept. If you are a manufacturer and/or distributor whose products are not body safe, or the product you would like reviewed doesn’t meet my review policies, you need not apply.
I want my readers to be able to purchase toys I would use myself and that can help them enjoy a full sex life, despite whatever limitations they face. I affiliate myself with companies/manufacturers who sell primarily body-safe toys and other sexuality products with body-safe ingredients.
While I may make exceptions, I prefer working with companies that, in addition to selling primarily body-safe toys, do not gender their products and those who provide education and awareness regarding sex and disability.
Chronic Sex reserves the right to, without warning, remove and/or disclaim reviews, posts, or banners associated with companies (with no compensation to them) whose practices or reputation (marketing or otherwise) I later find, in my opinion, to be sexist, ableist, racist, transphobic, homophobic, fat-shaming, condone non-consent, or are otherwise oppressive or discriminatory.
Chronic Sex is a safe space for everyone and I intend to keep it that way.
Using my Content:
You may share my content via a link. Alternatively, you may quote me on your site (75 words or less – not a whole post/article/review) AND provide a do-follow link back to my article with full credit. Outside of this, you may not duplicate my content or my photos without my explicit permission.
If there are any questions, feel free to contact me with questions at kirsten[at]chronicsex.org.
Want to work together? Head over to the Let’s Work Together page.
I reserve the right to update this disclosure as needed and without warning.