With hurricanes and earthquakes hitting parts of our world, many aren’t aware of the dangerous wildfires in the US. Currently, fires are ravaging Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Montana, and Colorado. You can get daily updates here.
I grew up in Oregon and have family all along the west coast and northwest. It’s scary to see what these fires are doing, especially with the lack of rain. Thankfully, it’s rained a bit over the last week or so. The fires rage on, though.
If you can help, please check out the following organizations and crowdfunding projects:
- California Fire Foundation
- Chelan Valley Hope (WA)
- Community Foundation of Kittitas County (WA)
- Community Foundation of North Central Washington
- Downey Volunteer Fire District Injured Fire Fighter Fund (ID)
- Eagle Creek Fire Restoration Fund (OR)
- Friends of the Columbia Gorge (OR)
- Garfield County Fire Foundation Relief Fund (MT)
- Helena Wildfire Relief (CA)
- Help Colorado Now
- Help Montana’s Wildfire Disaster
- Help Rebuild Oregon After Wildfires
- Lolo Peak Fire (MT)
- Montana Wildfire Relief
- Multnomah County Animal Services (OR)
- Oregon Trail Fundraiser
- Room One (WA)
- Thank You Gorge Fire Crews (OR)
- Wenatchee Valley Humane Society (WA)
- Wildland Firefighter Foundation (ID)
There are additionally fires in Canada that affected First Nations tribes like Ashcroft earlier this year.